Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Running Update: 5.2 miles


You know what's better than running 5.2 miles?  Running those miles when you don't think you can.  Yesterday was a doozy for me.  A real doozy.  I had a headache, I was starving and tired, my little girl pottied on herself, twice, accidentally flung her turkey sandwich across the room messing up the floor I had painstakingly washed on my hands and knees, my son had a "moment" in the library causing me much anxiety, the laundry I had been trying to fold for TWO days was still sitting on my couch...the day was just pretty much rotten.  When 4 o'clock rolled around, thoughts of going to the gym frustrated me, but I went.  Only to find out that my favorite class had been canceled, third week in a row, and the lady had quit!
Fine.  Whatever, I determined to run a little over 3 miles and just get it all over with.  Hopped on the 'mill and started running.  Surprisingly, I felt "ok".  My legs weren't dragging, my stomach kept growling, but I was feeling relatively strong.  I had my bright, neon green shirt on, and it made me happier.  
3.2 came around and for some reason I was feeling my oats, I pushed passed.  I figured 4 would be good enough, but I passed that, too.  Then, the lady who wears cologne, yes cologne, stepped on next to me and I couldn't finish fast enough.  Finally,  I just all out ran and made it to 5.2 and couldn't figure out how I got there or why I felt so good.  

Last week I totaled out at:
11.7
(give or take. I might have missed counting a day)

They say working out does wonders for bad moods.  It really does.  I turned into chatty Cathy and poor D just smiled and fell asleep while I was talking.  It's ok.  I loved my 5 mile run.

Silent cheerleaders, where are you all at with your exercise goals?  Do you hit "walls", too?  How do you get passed them?

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, all the time! When I exercise in the morning my day is a thousand times better then when i don't! I know it, everyone around me knows it, but getting up sometimes is SOOO HARD! I've started setting my alarm clock early then I need to,so I get the false feeling of getting to snooze longer;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in a rut right now, actually. Sometimes my schedule overtakes me, but I need that attitude and mood boost of a run. I need to clear my head... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.