One of the hardest things I find about sewing is visualization. When I'm staring at all the bazillion choices of fabrics in the store I can't seem to "see" the finished product. So, what I've done to remedy that is...experiment! Last night, I got a hankering to sew (I have a couple punk monkeys lined up waiting to be finished but I couldn't help myself). I haven't actually used my machine to sew something for my kids in so long.
Rummaging around in my fabrics stash I pulled out some cute print I bought at IKEA a while ago. It's adorable.
With summer on the way, I wanted to make Roma some light pants to wear with or without a skirt. Taking concepts from both this and this, I created a little pair of knickers that I love! Using an existing pair of her stretchy pants I cut out the general shape adding a little extra for seam allowances. I found that I needed to add more than I thought so these were just a tad snug...only a tad.
She's already peed her pants in them twice and sat in a puddle. Let's see how long they last.