Sunday, October 24, 2010

I took two shirts...

And made these

Sorry Miley Cyrus, but your shirts were cut up and made into the most fantastic little ruched leggings for my two year old. 


They took me a long while to make.  First, because this was something I'd never done before and second, because I messed up!  In retrospect, these were just about the easiest things I've ever made.  Just wish I wasn't such a bumble-muffin.

The part that got me was the ruching!  Believe it or not.  It should have been the easiest step in the whole process, since it's just one little stitch about four inches long...but I sewed it on my leg seam instead of NEXT to it.  So, the elastic didn't bunch up.  Very frustrating.  I spent the better part of an hour ripping stitches.  *sigh*

My little girl is rockin' these like a pro.  Thank you Miley Cyrus for your clearance t-shirts....they went to a good cause.

If you would like to make these, too, just click HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, and you need to start linking up to some blog parties, so that you can get more people looking at your great creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.