Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hoodies and Tulle

I'm obsessed with hoodies.  They are insanely easy to make and you can do so much with them.  By "so much" I mean adding, embellishing and playing with different ways to construct the hoodie.  Here is a hoodie I made for little Ms. R.  My baby girl.
Baby girl was more than happy to cheese for me camera.  Stinker.

Embellishing is harder than it looks.  I had a mental image and tried to execute it as best I could.  I don't know.  The tulle gave it the edge I was wanting, but I wish it had been more "professional" looking.


I think the most important part is I tried.  I also combined two different patterns for this hoodie.  And it worked!  Trial and error can be hurtful or profitable.  In this case, I totally lucked out.


Now, I tried my hand at making a hoodie for Mr. Cy and that was disastrously huge.  I fiddled with different colors and a patterned material.  *sigh*  Should I post it?  So embarrassed at how huge it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.