Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sewing: Meet Binky, the hobo

My weekend was pretty much packed.   I had a slumber party for the young girls in my youth group and then the next day we went to a birthday party.  My goal was to make a hobo sack for the birthday girl and hoped that I could fill the sack with odds, ends and goodies.  But last minute I decided to whip up a sock monkey.  It couldn't have come together more nicely.  
I'm officially hooked on mid-calf length socks.  SO much easier and quicker to stuff and just the right size.
 Went and dug around in my stash of fabrics and found a nice happy color for the sack.  Green with polka-dots!

I needed a contrasting color for the tie, so I grabbed yet another happy color.  Orange.
(for some reason it looks red in this picture.)

And in a little over an hour I had a hobo sack!!

My little helper was so cute and very curious about all my sewings-on.

Luckily, I had a couple more helpers to lend a hand in the stuffing the monkey.  These last minute ideas can give you grey hairs...but these girls saved the day!

I finished stitching the monkey shut with five minutes left to spare and raced off to the party with the cutest monkey.  Binky.

And a hobo sack :)  Not bad for a last minute idea, eh?

But what really made my day was the birthday girl wearing Binky's color scheme.  TOTALLY worth the needle stabs and pin pricks.

And, don't forget to enter the spring giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.