Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sewing: Pick Me Up shorts

One of the hardest things I find about sewing is visualization.  When I'm staring at all the bazillion choices of fabrics in the store I can't seem to "see" the finished product.  So, what I've done to remedy that is...experiment!  Last night, I got a hankering to sew  (I have a couple punk monkeys lined up waiting to be finished but I couldn't help myself).  I haven't actually used my machine to sew something for my kids in so long.  
Rummaging around in my fabrics stash I pulled out some cute print I bought at IKEA a while ago.  It's adorable. 


With summer on the way, I wanted to make Roma some light pants to wear with or without a skirt.  Taking concepts from both this and this, I created a little pair of knickers that I love!  Using an existing pair of her stretchy pants I cut out the general shape adding a little extra for seam allowances. I found that I needed to add more than I thought so these were just a tad snug...only a tad.

She's already peed her pants in them twice and sat in a puddle.  Let's see how long they last.

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOL @ "She's already peed her pants in them twice and sat in a puddle. Let's see how long they last."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.