Monday, January 24, 2011

RUNNING UPDATE:

A little pre-mature but so necessary.

Tonight I ran 4.2 and once again, I was smiling the whole way.  You know, when I first started this smiling thing, it was hard.  But now, I don't think it would be natural for me to run without smiling.  I secretly hope there are people in the gym stealing glances at my goofy grin and thinking, "how cool is that?  she looks horrible, all sweaty and a huge Afro, but she's still smiling."

Yes, I do secretly hope this.

Either way, I'll never know.  But smiling sure does help me.

I've been reading about other runners and their successes and it does a couple of different things for me.  It makes me cry and smile and then I feel like the biggest lump in the world knowing that a 75 year old nun (yes NUN!!) has completed two Hawaii IronMan competitions and 37 marathons amongst other huge athletic accomplishments.  Yeah...how do you feel about that?  Brutal.

Iiiii, just have to tilt back on my little Puma heels and think, "self, stay on track, stay with the goal you have set for yourself.  You are not those other people, you are Misha."

But I would TOTALLY be lying if I didn't say that I was just a weeee bit jealous of that lovely lady. 

Let's give it up for the mother of two who was just shown up by woman three quarters of a century old.  Nevermind.  Not a fair comparison.

Let's give it up for the mother of two who has been working at her goal as steadfastly as possible and doing more than she ever thought.  
Now that's better...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.