Saturday, January 22, 2011

RUNNING UPDATE:

There are bound to be weeks like this, I'm sure.
Like, the three things that should never happen did happen.

1. I forgot to take my iPod to the gym this last time
2. Shin splints
3. Got a cold

Painfully horrible the three combined.  I didn't realized that I had shin splints until speaking with a good running buddy of mine and I started describing the type of pain I was having.  At first, it was just on my inner calves and then it move to the outer edges and it was very, very painful to bend down.  Uhg.  So, my last go at "running" was actually me on the elliptical.  I "ran" for all I was worth 2.1 miles.  I felt like a serious failure because that little amount only pushed my weekly mileage up to:

8.2

My lowest week in a long timeIt doesn't feel good to have mileage that low and it feels worse to post about it.  But, there isn't really anything I can do about it.  My mileage might be low next week again so my legs can recover.  I don't want to exacerbate the splints making it nearly impossible for me to run.  So, there you have it.  A shamefully low amount of mileage, but I promise it won't stay that way for long.

Silent cheerleaders, you don't have to cheer, I'm giving you the day off.  :(

2 comments:

  1. One question - how old are your shoes? 300-400 miles is about all they are good for. I switch at 300 because all my running is on the road, but they should last a little longer when you're on the treadmill.

    Best advice - don't ignore injuries. You want to be able to run another day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at another pair...I guess I need to hop to it. My legs feel MUCH better since they've rested these past few days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.