Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RUNNING UPDATE:

It may come as a surprise to you, but I did, in fact, beat last week's mileage!

22.2

Felt great.  My last go at the treadmill was 3.7 pushing my mileage up and over the top.  I had an awfully packed weekend and was really worried that I wasn't going to be able to run.  I started fretting a little telling myself that even if I had to run in 20 degree weather I was going to beat my mileage.  But, fortunately, there was just enough time for me.  The gym here closes early on certain days so it was a race against the clock.  Isn't that ALways the case??  Uhg.  Either way, I have to report that I have officially beat my treadmill mental block.  Yesterday, I pounded out a perfect 6.2 miles smiling all the way.  And I'm not kidding when I say that I was smiling.  I turned up the catchiest of tunes and bopped my head around like a weirdo.  A weirdo that knew she was doing something VERY special, like overcoming yet another mental block in running.  I couldn't believe myself, actually.  6.2 miles!  On the treadmill!!  I deserve Trader Joe's pumpkin cupcakes for that one.

Silent cheerleaders.  You really make my day when you cheer.  You kind of look like me.  Mouthing words to a song that no one can hear.  Earbuds crammed into my ears, running on that treadmill lost in my own world.  Let me hear you scream.  Yeah!!

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great! You're like someone else I know who keeps trying to break records... You made me smile when you wrote about smiling while running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I see people running in the street I always feel a bit jealous. I'm jealous that they have the willpower and ability to go the distance. Keep up the hard work and please keep us in the know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.