Tuesday, January 11, 2011

RUNNING UPDATE:

It's a nice number.  I wish I could have logged more but this last week's mileage came up to a total of:

20.7

Getting up at 5am just isn't early enough, I suppose.  It takes me a good hour to get rolling in the morning and then I have the short drive to the gym...and still, time is ticking away ever unforgiving.  
It's a race against the clock for me.  I have to run as far as I can, as quickly as I can in just under an hour.  But on a treadmill!!!  Those things just don't work for me people.  The farthest I've run on the treadmill, so far, was 5.1 miles.  And even then, around 3.5 miles I was getting a little loopy looking longingly at the bright red STOP button.  I kept swallowing my irritation down until my stomach was about to burst.  But I didn't stop. 
So, I figure since I leaped over that 5 mile hurdle...a 6 miler is in my future?  Near future?  I hope.  Of course, it will have to be on the weekend when I don't have to race back to the house so my husband can leave for work...  
Here is my promise to you all.  This week my mileage will be more than last week.  I promise.  I don't know by how much.  But I am going to put my best foot forward in this (o. puns..)

Where are all my silent cheerleaders?

O!  And in preparation for the summer months when I can get up at 5am and not have to worry about driving to the gym because itssocoldIcan'tfeelmyspleen outside, I bought this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.