Saturday, September 18, 2010

Flat Front Pants

And once I get REALLY good I'm going to add those stinkin' pockets.   Flat front pockets for my flat front pants!

Got a little sewing crazy last night and started this project around 11pm.  After browsing the internet I finally found a tutorial that was comprehensive enough for this novice.  
Results:

Very cute.

A little long.  But that's because I used the wrong set of pants to cut the pattern from.  Uhg.

He didn't seem to mind, though.

I tried to be creative and chose a contrasting thread.

It worked.

Practice, practice, practice.  Although, I must say that this was one of my funnest projects to date.  Why?  Because from start to finish it was all me.  I traced his pants, cut the pattern out of old Christmas wrapping paper, picked my practice fabric, chose the thread.  I did it all on my own.  Felt kinda good to be brave.  Two hours and 1am later....I was done.  And my poor son will never know that I was measuring his little waist while he slept.  Yes, I'm such a desperate seamstress.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. As corny as it sounds, I LOVE them! Even if you think your comment is of no consequence, please leave it. They make me smile from the tip of my toes...yes, they do.